What was the last post I wrote? Something about trying to get back into scrapbooking a bit more?  Well, obviously that was a fail, but I had a retreat last weekend, which kind of forced me to scrap!

I was a bit worried going, actually, because I haven’t scrapped for so long and I was worried I wouldn’t have anything to do. But once we arrived and I set myself up, I was off and didn’t stop until we absolutely had to on Sunday so we could go home.

I didn’t spend a lot of time packing for this retreat and I took less than half of what I would normally take and it actually worked out well – basically, I just took a bunch of “kits” I’d made up for myself of leftover papers and bits and pieces that all went together, as well as a stack of photos.

Then I just had to match the photos up with the papers and away I went!

Little Man


Materials: KaiserCraft 75 cents papers, stamps, flowers, bling and sparklets, Collections Elements fabric, Prima canvas letters, canvas ribbon, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, string, doily, washi tape.

I made this from a bunch of leftovers I had from a Craft Queen kit and am really happy with the result – I didn’t really start with a plan, I just used the scraps the way they were and built it up from there. Under the photo, there’s some scalloped ribbon that I stamped with random patters – an effect I really love.

Funny Face

Funny Face

Materials: Basic Grey Carte Postale, Thickers

I love this photo of Barnaby, he’s such a character – it was mid-yawn, but he looks so funny! This was a really simple layout, it took me barely any time at all… no tricks or hints here, just keep it simple!



Materials: KaiserCraft Sweet Pea papers and elements, Lil Davis Designs letters

Sweet Pea was one of the few new things I took to work with over the weekend – initially I wasn’t too fussed with it, but then when I saw the projects in the Workshop magazine I fell a bit in love with it. It’s not my usual colours, perhaps a bit too pink for my taste, but with the reds and oranges, I can adapt! I started this page with a strong idea of what I wanted to do, with the chevron paper and building it up on foam tape to give it dimension, but once I’d done that, I ran into a brick wall. I tinkered with it for a about an hour after that and am reasonably happy with the result.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s